Novo Shade DUO Reflectivity Meter
Novo-Shade DUO, Instantly Measure the Reflectivity
Of a Material Instantly
The Novo-Shade-DUO easily measures Reflectivity. Reflectivity is defined as the property of reflecting light measured independently of material thickness. Basically it is the amount of light that is reflected.
According to the CIE (the International Commission on Illumination), reflectivity is distinguished from reflectance by the fact that reflectivity is a value that applies to thick reflecting objects. When reflection occurs from thin layers of material, internal reflection effects can cause the reflectance to vary with surface thickness. Reflectivity is the limit value of reflectance as the sample becomes thick; it is the intrinsic reflectance of the surface, hence irrespective of other parameters such as the reflectance of the rear surface.
Going back to the fact that reflectivity is a directional property, most surfaces can be divided into those that give specular reflection and those that give diffuse reflection.
For specular surfaces, such as glass or polished metal, reflectivity will be nearly zero at all angles except at the appropriate reflected angle - that is, reflected radiation will follow a different path from incident radiation for all cases other than radiation normal to the surface.
For diffuse surfaces, such as matte white paint, reflectivity is uniform; radiation is reflected in all angles equally or near-equally. Such surfaces are said to be Lambertian.
Most real objects have some mixture of diffuse and specular reflective properties
We are Master distributors and the ONLY FACTORY AUTHORIZED U.S. and Canadian CALIBRATION and CERTIFICATION Facility for Rhopoint Glossmeters, Haze, DOI, RIQ and other Optical physical testing equipment. We only supply our customers with quality reputable equipment ensuring it will not be returned to us.
Method to Measure Reflectivity
Have your sample ready. In Reflectance Mode, place the Novo Shade Duo over the product. The Novo Shade DUO display indicates the reflectance within a fraction of a second; the result is displayed in "% Reflectance".
Reflectivity Applications: Novo-Shade Duo
- Metal Reflectance
- Concrete Reflectance for Concrete solar Reflectance Index (SRI) for Leeds Sustainability
- Ceramic Reflectance
- Metal Foil Reflectance
- Optics Reflectance<
- Solar Silicon Wafer Reflectance
- Measurement of Cleanliness of Clothes
- Measurement of Cleanliness of Metals
- Fading of Textiles
- Fading of Plastics
- Chalking of Paint
- Whiteness of Recycled Paper
- Efficiency of Bleaching Agents
- Efficiency of Detergents
Features: Novo-Shade Duo
- Digital Large LCD Readout
- Automatic Calibration
- Supplied White and Black Tiles in a Metal Case for Calibration
- Calibration ISO Certificate
- Built-in Statistical Analysis of stored readings, provides Batch Quality Assessment
- Large, clear, easy to read display giving meaningful readings
- 15,000+ measurements on one set of batteries (Longest in Industry)
- Automatic power cutoff switches "Off" when not in use to save battery
- Standard with EN, FR, D, NL, ESP, IT, TK, CZ languages
- Download readings for further Analysis
- Spare white pressed powder tile available and in stock when needed
Reflectivity Measurement - International Standards
ASTM E97-82 Method of Test for Directional Reflectance Factor, 45-Deg 0-Deg, of Opaque Specimens by Broad-Band Filter Reflectometry
ASTM E1347 Standard Test Method for Color and Color-Difference Measurement by Tristimulus Colorimetry
ASTM D4214 Standard Test Methods for Evaluating the Degree of Chalking of Exterior Paint Films
Specifications: Novo-Shade Duo
- Resolution: 0.1 GU
- Repeatability: 0.2%
- Reproducibility: 0.5 GU
- Range: 0 - 100%
- Angle: 45°/0°
- Battery Type: AAA
- Battery Life: 15,000+ Readings
- Weight: 470g
- Measurement Area: 15mm x 10mm
- Extended Two Year Warranty
- Extended Light Source Life to Ten Years
Service Spare Parts: Novo-Shade Duo
- $ 387. - Replacement of the White and Black Calibration Tiles inluding Box
To Purchase a glossmeter with an additional Gloss Tile, please call our sales department :
Toll Free at : 1-866-462-6832.
We are the Exclusive Master distributors and FACTORY AUTHORIZED Mexico, U.S. and Canadian CALIBRATION and CERTIFICATION Facility for Rhopoint Instruments, for Opacity, Reflectivity, Haze, DOI, RIQ, Gloss and other Optical physical testing equipment. We only supply our customers with quality reputable equipment ensuring it will not be returned to us
Other products Related to Measurement of Coatings:
Reflectivity - Wikipedia